The State of Arizona has been a hotbed for bedbugs the past few years. Vacationers coming to the valley of the sun are encountering them in their hotels. Dorms on campuses like Arizona State University have had infestations, as have apartment complexes, homes, and even movie theaters. Yuck! These encounters are unfortunate, and leave victims with painful bites. Bedbug infestations are also extremely difficult to eliminate. With this bedbug epidemic; travelers, homeowners, landlords, and tenants should no what the bedbug laws are in the State of Arizona.
Arizona Bedbug Laws
In the United States, 22 of the 50 states have laws that specifically mention bedbugs. Arizona has four of these laws. They are as follows:
- Arizona Revised Code 36-601 – Public Nuisances Dangerous to Public Health.
Any place that offers sleeping accommodations, and has bedbugs, is a public nuisance and dangerous to human health.
- Arizona Revised Code 9-500.31 Prohibition on adopting landlord tenant bedbug control requirements.
Arizona cities/town cannot regulate landlord-tenant bedbug controls. They can regulate disposal of bedbug infested materials.
- Arizona Revised Code 11-269.11 Prohibition on adopting landlord tenant bedbug control requirements.
Boards of Supervisors cannot regulate landlord-tenant bedbug controls. They can regulate disposal of bedbug infested materials.
- Arizona Revised Code 33-1319 Bedbug control; landlord and tenant obligations; definitions.
A landlord cannot knowingly rent a bedbug infested property to a tenant, and must provide tenants with bedbug literature.
Hire A Bedbug Attorney
The information provided in this blog post is for informational purposes, and is not intended as professional legal advice. The above listed laws are current as of 4/2013, but can change. If you are a property manager, landlord, tenant, or traveler who has had an unfortunate battle with bedbugs, hire an attorney who specializes in bedbug cases.
301 East Bethany Home Road
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Michael A. Parham
7701 East Indian School Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Get Arizona Pest Control
Not all bedbug prevention measures work, and not all pest control companies are created equal. Find a company that knows how to deal with bedbugs specifically. Do not battle bedbugs alone; doing so can make the infestation much worse.
All Bed Bugs Begone
7230 East Tyndall Street
Mesa, AZ 85207
General Pest Control
1228 East Broadway Road
Mesa, AZ 85204
Published by Bulwark
Bed bugs are not just a nuisance. They are a biting, blood sucking problem. When they infest your home, they can cause painful and itchy bites. If anyone in your home is allergic to their saliva, the results of the bites can be even more miserable. If you see signs of one or two bed bugs, this means there are actually thousands of the pests in your beds, bedding, clothing, window coverings, cracks, and crevices of your home. It is nearly impossible for you to fight bed bugs on your own. They will win. You need the help of a professional pest control company or you and your family will continue to suffer.
Just how do you find the right pest control service? You need to ensure that you choose one that knows how to properly treat and eliminate the bed bugs. Here are some things you will need to look for.
Things to Look for in a Pest Control Company
To begin with, you will need to start a search. This search should include looking for certain characteristics in a company. This will help you narrow the field to just a few options. The characteristics should include:
- Specialize in Bed Bug Control
- Licensed with the State Pesticide Regulatory Agency
- Use Environmentally Friendly Control Options
It is extremely important to ensure that any pest control company you are choosing will be properly licensed to make use of pesticides. This is the only way to ensure that the company will use safe and proper methods of pesticide application in your home.
Things to Ask a Pest Control Company
Once you have narrowed down your options to just a few, then you will need to pick the right pest control company. It is extremely important that you are careful with this. The wrong company may do a subpar job and you may continue to have bed bug problems in the future. You certainly do not want to waste your money, time, or comfort because you chose the wrong company. Here are a few things to ask the companies you are considering.
- Are you a member of local pest control organizations?
- Are you a member of the National Pest Management Association?
- What type of approach will you use to eliminate bed bugs in my home?
- How long will it take to eliminate the bugs in my home?
- Will I have to throw out my bedding or the mattresses in my home?
- Will you provide me with an inspection report before you begin bed bug control?
- Will you perform follow-ups to ensure the bed bugs are completely eliminated?
- Will you use pesticides that are safe around my children and pets?
- Will you quote a final price to me before we begin any bed bug elimination or control?
- Are there things that could have an effect on the price you quoted me in the beginning?
- Do you offer any other pest control services that I could package together and take care of all of my home’s pest issues?
- How quickly can you come to my home for an inspection?
By asking the right questions, you can get the right answers to find a proper pest control company to deal with your bed bug problem. By choosing the right company in the first place, you can ensure that the bed bugs are eradicated as soon as possible. This is extremely important since those bugs are not just a pest. They are dangerous to your family as well as yourself. With the information above, you should find it simple to choose the right pest control company right away.
Melissa Stewart is a writer for DugasPestControl.com. Dugas Pest Control offers pest management services in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.